Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hostage Party 7

I'm excited. I've got my application package in email and I'm ready to fill it out. 

And then I get re-blindsided by HSV 2 crazy thoughts. "You're going to go and be a leper," the voice says in my head. 

I know it's not true. I know people who are going and we've talked about it, and I will get play. 

I'm also not hiding it. Oh no, I have to disclose my status on a form. I already kind of told the entire Internet several times so that's not that big of a deal. 

It's just something I like that I thought was taken from me and another thing I've just got to take back for myself. 

Between now and then will be my annual exam. My doctor is amazing. I'll most likely get a re test (just to see what numbers look like) as well as the full screen and my other bloodwork. If the numbers have gone up, I'll probably ask for the meds. They'd really only be for reducing transmission since I have no symptoms, but maybe going on them will make me feel better when I do things like the hostage parties. I'm a member on a pretty informative HSV forum. I think I'm going to post there with all of my info and see what people with similar numbers have done. The research from the drug companies say the drug will cut transmission on it own to 2% (just like condom use) and the two together to 1%. 

But still, I kind of want to wait it out and see where my infection is so that I know for the future. 

Ahhhh the things in my head on airplanes....

No comments:

Post a Comment