Tuesday, June 11, 2013

First STI Scare

Well, I think I still thought of them as STDs back then....

It was senior year of college.  For the first time since senior year of high school, I was single.  I had dated my first boyfriend long distance the whole time and he'd broken up with my spring break of junior year.

When I was home for Christmas, I decided to join this crazy website called alt.com.

He lived 40+ miles from campus and was a switch (from before I learned that nearly all switch men on the interent are bottoms).

He was a hick.... like a hick... missing teeth, lived out in the boonies, worked in construction, or manufacturing, or something.

And he had a thing for black girls.

So I'd spend me weekends driving out there for sex.  That and sports was really all we had in common. He had a strap on and taught me how to use it on him (see, bottom).

And then he didn't call me on my birthday.  I didn't think it was a huge deal, I mean I wasn't his girl friend, so I let it go.

He called me the next day with a surprise.  It turned out his ex had just given birth to his baby....

Nearly full term.  She didn't "know" she was pregnant.

Oh and it gets better.... the baby came back positive for Syphilis.....

SURPRISE!

So she'd lost her virginity to him and hadn't had any other partners so.......

Student health had this great online system so I got into the doctor in under 48 hours.

The doctor was kind.  I explained the situation, she and I rolled our eyes over not knowing you were pregnant.  She told me that syphilis is only active in certain areas in the US and that Durham, NC was one of those (as is the SF Bay area by the way).  The test is fast, she relayed, and as long as we catch it early, we'll put you on an antibiotic and everything will be fine.

Turns on the baby was false positive for syphilis.  Showing up pregnant with no pre-natal care put into place a huge rush of tests and the secondary rounds all came back clear.

And so ends the tale of my first STI scare ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment