Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Regency Romance Novels

I have always loved regency romance novels.

As a young kid, my favorite books were Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre.  While both considered classic literature, they're romance novels.

I think it's why I've gotten so into Dickens fair.  I want to go to a ball and wear a fancy dress and dance with fine gentlemen.

The particular series I'm reading totally fits with my life these days.  It's about men who weren't supposed to be lords (2nd sons etc) but due to the large number of deaths in the war have become titled lords.  They all know each other based on their wartime service... as spies... and thus have certain ticks that make them interesting.

They all, one by one, need to get married.  They all fall for unconventional women, most of whom have found themselves caught up in some mystery.

And the women are older...

Ok Older for this time period means like 26... but they're all women who believed themselves old spinsters.

So I just need to find a dark, dangerous man, with a past that he hides from others with a mask I can see through.

Oh My God.... That's my type....

Very very interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment