Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Numbers on a page

The message came right after lunch.

I was scared to open it but then I decided that waiting would make anything better so I logged into the web interface.

There was an email and the lab results.  I clicked on the email first.

"Both tests are now normal"

I race over to the test results...

.75

I pull up all of the tests I've ever done at this doctor's office (don't you love technology)...

.69

.57

1.54 (H)

.75

Anything other .9 is "normal" or negative.

.9 - 1.1 is margina/retest

Over 1.1 is "high" or positive though many people who have had outbreaks have a results that just says >5.0.

Yup, these are HSVII AB IGG Serum results.....

And mine now say "normal" (whatever that means).

I should be excited, right, jumping up and down...

And all I can think of is "I do this again in 6 month?"

I want to be excited (I think I'm about to get used a lot more than I have been)...

But I'm a pessimist.. I always have been...

In another 6 months, the rug could get pulled out from under my feet again.

So I'll probably not change a whole lot of my behavior, especially with new/unknown partners...

But at least I feel a little bit better....

No comments:

Post a Comment