Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dinner

Yes I went to Disneyland again.  No I don't have a problem :-P

While I was down in LA I finally got to have dinner with a friend/friend's boyfriend who lives in LA.  The food was great but the company was greater.

We were sitting and chatting and, as people in our circles are apt to do, we started discussing our relationship configurations.

"Oh I've got great people I play with and then this one boy that I'm seeing... but he's really busy...  I'd really like to have someone to like watch sports with and cuddle with on (the rare) rainy days."

My friend paused...

"You know you deserve that, right?"

And I stopped.

So he kept going.  "Your new boy... have you gone out on like a date?"

And I sat and thought.... "Well," I started, "we've gone out to eat together."

"Going out pre/post coitus 'cause you need food doesn't count," came the quick reply.

"Oh....."

It's funny to realize these things....

I guess I really do give myself short shift a lot.

***********

And now for something completely different.  We were talking about families and I remarked that I read 50 Shades of Grey after my mom and my aunt read it and were asking me questions.  He had never read it and had a question for me.

Many people talk about how it's unrealistic and how you'll never find a Dom in a couple of days and be collared immediately.

I totally agree with that.... in real life....

But have you read ANY romance novels?  All kinds of non-realistic things happen.

I'm not saying they're good books.  There are all kinds of things wrong with them (mostly the writing is terrible), but they're romance books.... erotic romance books.  I think saying that things happen too quickly, too perfectly for it to be a good book ignores the genre.... THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS!  Do you want to read a romance novel where they date for 5-6 years and then get married... or one where they meet and are friends for 5 years and then go on a date and they maybe have sex?  Nope.... well... not for me at least ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment