Monday, August 5, 2013

Entertain me!

It happens more nights than not.

It's 10:30 or 11pm...

And I'm wide awake.

The internet can't entertain me.

There's not anything on (internet) TV.

I stare into nothingness, trying to figure out what's going on.

I could clean.... My apartment is in the state where you're setting up so everything that doesn't have a place is in a pile in the middle of the floor.

I could masturbate... nah that will just make me more awake.

I should hop in the shower... but it's *all the way* across my apartment (maybe 15 steps).

It's just this weird state of.... blah.

Nothing is wrong... but nothing is right.

Someone said a full moon is coming... maybe that's what's going on....

Maybe as 30 approaches, I'm just more aware of coming home to a studio apartment at the end of the day just isn't fulfilling for me.

Growing up, I would have never imagined this.  My parents got married at 25.... engaged senior year of college, married right after my dad graduated from law school.  In hindsight, I didn't really do anything to make that life happen, but I always assumed it would.  I didn't date in college, 'cause I showed up with a boy friend already.  We'd spend summer vacation pretending to be a  newlywed couple and go to open houses in new developments.  We were house shopping at 19 and 20... that was our fun date night activity.

When that ended, I was hurt, but I figured you just get up and move on...

But I guess I just never spent any energy to get back to that future I had imagined for myself.

I know a bunch of people with kids now.  I want kids.... I mean I think I want kids... I've always said I wanted kids.  I have dreams about kids...

But I don't feel like I want it badly enough.  "Oh if you want kids badly," the helpful person says, "you can have them by yourself with science."  Nope.. I don't want them badly enough for that route.  Not that there's anything wrong with that... It's just not something I want.

Which I think, at the heart of it, is the bigger problem...

There just isn't anything I *want* that badly.  Nothing worth moving out of a path where I get up, go to work, pay bill, and keep treading water... nothing to get me out of the rut, no passion to drive me on.

I'm just spinning my wheels....

No comments:

Post a Comment